What you will be doing as a Financial Controller
We are looking for a Financial Controller Offshore who will report to the Accounting Manager and lead a experienced and driven team of 6 FTE. The Financial Controller will be based in Breda but oversees the financial accounting activities of the Offshore fleet for the offices in Den Helder, Genua and Singapore and will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading a team of 6 FTE and;
- Coördinating the month-end close and Monitoring all day-to-day accounting processing functions;
- Continuous feedback to the accounting manager in any of the following forms:
- analysis of results, transactions and record entries;
- preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of financial information;
- identifying areas of improvement in a particular process or procedure;
- assisting the Accounting Manager in adjusting and implementing the processing and procedures;
- Interacting with other stakeholders, like business controllers, operations department and chartering managers to gather necessary input but to also provide consultative support through financial information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ad hoc projects.
Who are you?
Therefore, we are looking for a well-organized and ambitious Financial Controller Offshore with a helicopter view and hands-on mentality. You are also a team player and enjoy working in close cooperation with colleagues from other offices and departments.
Our preferred candidate has:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance & Control, Accounting or equivalent ;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting position
- Experience with managing a (small) team is preferred;
- Key competences: strong analytical and problem solving skills, accurate, excellent reporting skills, stress resistant, team player and effective planning and organisation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English and Dutch.
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX is preferred
Where you will be working
Vroon is a worldwide shipping company. Their vision is to be recognised as a premier shipping company active in a number of specialised and commodity-type shipping segments. Their mission is to provide seagoing transportation services and engineering & support solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost effective and enable our customers to be successful. With the headquarter located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 2,300 professionals in offices around the world and on board a diverse fleet of approximately 110 vessels. The Company is active - through various subsidiaries and under different brand names - in the deep sea and offshore business segments. The financial service center of Vroon is located in Breda.
What you get in return
Vroon offers you a professional, dedicated, and enthusiastic team in an dynamic, and rapidly changing environment. The company culture is down-to-earth and pragmatic. The working landscape offers room for personal input and initiatives. In addition, Vroon offers you:
- Salary range between 60k and 70k a year;
- Good employee benefits (e.g., pension, variable bonus)
- Growth- and development opportunities, including a (free) training programme and a yearly personal budget that can be used for your own personal and professional development goals;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic international environment;
- The opportunity to work from home;
- Company fitness;
- A company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or conduct meetings.