What you will be doing as a Corporate Financial Controller
For Westlake Epoxy B.V., we are looking for a Corporate Financial Controller. In this role, it will be your responsibility to create and maintain an accurate image of Westlake Epoxy’s financial position. You accomplish this by coordinating the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings of various European entities, along with the statutory reporting according to local accounting practices. Besides these activities, you will bear the responsibility for the global lease accounting within Westlake Epoxy. You ensure the completeness and correctness of the lease accounting contracts according to US GAAP. An overview of your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordination of monthly, quarterly and annual closings;
- Responsible for administrations of multiple entities;
- Convert US GAAP figures to local statutory GAAP;
- Compliance with local Accounting rules and laws;
- Make proposals for improvement of the financial processes;
- Coordination lease accounting activities (contract mutations, closing, and reporting).
Who are you?
You are a pro-active finance professional who likes to be challenged by a complex, international business context. You are a quick learner who wants to understand the business processes, because you know this is key for a good evaluation of the balance sheet. Both a good overview and hands-on accounting activities, ranging from making accruals to payroll bookings, challenge you to thoroughly understand the financial processes. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or accountancy;
- Ready for a challenge in an international corporation;
- Experienced in applying accounting policies (IFRS, US GAAP and Dutch GAAP);
- Experience with financial systems and Excel;
- Excellent proficiency in English, knowledge of Dutch and other European languages is a plus.
Where you will be working
Westlake Epoxy B.V. is part of the Fortune-500 company Westlake Corporation. In 2022, Westlake acquired part of Hexion Inc, making it the world leading manufacturer of coatings, adhesives, resins and composite materials. Westlake’s products are used in the production of high-tech, innovative products in a wide range of industries. Westlake Epoxy employs 1.600 people, of which 200 work in the office in Pernis, close to one of the manufacturing sites. Yearly revenue sits around €2,5 billion.
In this role, you will be reporting to your Team Lead Corporate Control. You will work closely together with the country controllers and corporate controllers. Besides this, you are supported by the administrative team, which is organized in Westlake’s shared service center.
What you get in return
Westlake is a large and stable organization. Their ambition to maintain the position as market leader causes a continuous expansion of current business. This provides you the possibility to grow along, as your role will expand with the organization in both content and complexity. The following employment conditions apply:
- Yearly salary between €60.000 and 70.000;
- A performance-based bonus up to 10%;
- 37 days of leave;
- 100% employer-paid pension;
- Great work-life balance: three days working from home.