What you will be doing as a Accounting Manager
For Vroon, a worldwide shipping company located in Breda, we are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager. In this role, you will report to the Group Accounting & Reporting Manager and manage a team of 15 FTE with 4 direct reports: 3 financial controllers for the different business lines and 1 payroll administrator. As Accounting Manager you are responsible for managing the operational accounting administration, coordinating the month-end closing process and overseeing all accounting processes for all business lines. Your key responsibilities:
- Developing and improving department planning strategies;
- Motivating, coaching en evaluating other team members;
- Developing and improving the accounting processes and policies;
- Preparing proposals for both quality and process improvement;
- Delivering all data required for the Vroon Group and other statutory audits.
Who are you?
Our preferred candidate is a well-organized and ambitious Accounting Manager with a helicopter view and hands-on mentality. Key competencies for this position: highly analytical, problem solving skills, accurate, excellent reporting skills, stress resistant, people manager and team player. Besides this you have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance & Control, Accounting or equivalent;
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years experience in a senior accounting position
- Experience as team leader in another job;
- Extensive experience in finance and accounting systems and processes;
- Sound knowledge of Dutch GAAP, experience with MS Dynamics AX / 365 is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English and Dutch.
Where you will be working
Vroon is a worldwide shipping company. Their vision is to be recognised as a premier shipping company active in a number of specialised and commodity-type shipping segments. Their mission is to provide seagoing transportation services and engineering & support solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost effective and enable their customers to be successful. With the headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 2,300 professionals in offices around the world and on board of its diverse fleet of approximately 110 vessels. The company is active - through various subsidiaries and under different brand names - in the deep sea and offshore business segments. The financial service center of Vroon is located in Breda.
What you get in return
At Vroon you will be part of a professional, dedicated and enthusiastic team in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. The company culture is down-to-earth and pragmatic. The working landscape offers room for personal input an initiatives. When you join the organisation, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Salary range between €75.000 and €90.000 a year based on a 40 hours week;
- Good secondary employee benefits (e.g. pension, variable bonus);
- The opportunity to work from home;
- Company fitness and restaurant.